Thursday, March 23, 2006

HUC Night

Well the live charity event was sort of a push fest. By the time the blinds got to me the first time (started in CO) the blinds had gone up 2x. Guys are building pots so I stick around in my bb with 10 7 off and flop is 679 so mid pair and inside straight draw. I check and it gets raised to 200 (we started with 1k of chips) and I call and hope for the best and the turn brings a 5. Fold! A couple hands later on the button I look down and see AK. Two limpers (one was Bob Probert) and a lady who has played every hand and paid $250 to rebuy once already. So I have 520 in chips and figure that a pot sized bet is 280 so I push. Lady is my only caller and I am hoping she has Ax or Kx but she has QJo. She hits a Q on the turn and my night is over.

Lots of free beer which was mostly warm until they found some ice later in the evening. Good chance to chat with a few players like Rob Pearson and Gary Leeman while laughing at our friends crazy plays holding up in the pushfest poker event.

Tonight is a heads-up challenge and I really have to get home and try to practice a bit before I go in there and lose quickly... would be nice to make it to at least round 2 and get to know a few more bloggers.

2 comments:

surflexus said...

Good luck in HUC 3

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Nice playing and chatting with you in the HUC3 events.

Now that you have my IM, you are all set for all the chat you can handle..lol

Laters..