Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Fishy Fishy!

Playing in the HUC was a blast but FishyMcDonk ran over me like a truck last night. He pulled some moves from the boxing arena like the champ he is... first off he made me wait in the ring shadow boxing for 30 mins waiting for him to show up! Sneaky sneaky! Then in round 1 I have him on the ropes and then my computer crashes. Coincidence? Now I know I got to keep my good eye on this Donk! Finally blinds got higher and lost round 1 with a crappy push with A4 into 88.

Round 2 was even worse for me. Fishy pulls move 3 and says GO! to signup for our 2nd round (shame that FT doesn't have a rematch option at the end of a HU match) and when I click register I see I am facing someone else. Ack! So I end up setting up our 2nd match and 2 tabling. That wouldn't be bad but I sort of suck at HU and my opponent is top notch so I am already playing out of my league. Two hands did me in .... BB and I see QQ. Fishy comes in with his min raise which doesn't say much to me so I pop it with a pot sized bet. He calls and flop is A 10 5 with two spades. I lead out for 1/2 pot and he pots it. I fold and he shows 105o.... nice hand and nicer flop! A few hands later I see Q6 and we limp in. Flop is KQ6. I am hoping he has TPGK and the only way to find out it to raise. He min raises and I pot it and he reraises. If he has KQ I am going to pay him off so I push. He shows K6 and I know that the poker gods aren't on my side.

Great match but I felt like the Maple Leafs vs. Senators... Ottawa has something over us Toronto guys this year.... at least until the playoffs (still hoping or dreaming)!

3 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Glad to hear you're hammering away (no pun intended) at those full tilt Tier 1 sngs Guin. Can you believe how easy they are to cash in? My only fear at this point is that blogs like mine will convince so many people to start playing them, that after a while they won't be an easy victory anymore. Until then though, I plan to never pay full price for a $26 token again.

And yeah, of course ftp has all kinds of different MTTs for you to use your $26 tokens on. My personal favorite are the nightly guaranteed tournaments, but you can try to qualify for the WSOP, for the weekly 200k guarantee or any number of other tourneys. Or, you can also parlay your $26 tokens into $69 tokens on ftp's Tier 2 sngs. I tend to avoid those because the tournaments you can play with the $69 tokens are no better (and usually worse, as far as I'm concerned) than the ones you can play for $26 instead.

Guin said...

Well I think that there will be enough $26 tokens to go around for all us bloggers.

Looking forward to seeing you at the final table of the 17k guaranteed events!

MathRock said...

If you are serious about getting your bankroll up you should open an account at tigergaming.com. The competition is very soft and it is easy to cash in everyday. I heard they are starting $1000 daily free rolls soon.

Ya Heard!