Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Big Live Event for me tonight

Going to play in a charity poker tournament tonight where seats were $250 each to enter. Each table will have a NHL alumni playing and it should be a good event. I got started up last night deciding to play nothing but tournaments... finished 8th in a $3 rebuy tournament on UB and also did well in a Full Tilt event. Some of the guys I work with will also be playing so hopefully I don't end up out on the first hand!

I don't mind when you get knocked out of large events with bad beats because you played well. So when I am all in with AA on flop vs. JJ and KQs and lose to the flush I can understand how that happens. When you win a couple of those hands instead of losing them you end up at the final table with a good chipstack. At one point it was regular for me to last long into tournaments but never with enough chips to be effective. Now I am getting to be one of the larger stacks but find it difficult to turn that into winning at the final table.

Sometimes I think it would be better to use the large stack as a guarantee to a good finish and go watch some TV for 15-20 mins. Come back and play shortstacked and try to move up a couple more places. Really the problem is with the extra intensity at a final table and being mentally drained after a day of work that makes it tough to keep up the focus.

More stuff for me to work on but at least when I keep focused I like how my results turn out.

No comments: