Wednesday, March 15, 2006

32 today

Damn I am getting old... hopefully when I look at back this when I am 40 I will chuckle thinking about the good 'ole days! So I think I will need to set up a few goals for this year to grow this bankroll from 3.5k to hopefully over 10k. About 1.5 months ago I thought that was going to be too easy but my play over the last couple days hasn't been so positive. Just playing sloppy and costing me a few buyins. That being said I know I can play winning poker as long as I stay on the correct side of the not too aggressive line. Also I figure that I do have to move down a couple levels and put in 20k hands of short handed play to improve in that area. In addition working on my live game so that I can dominate the local 1/2 play is the goal. Want to build a live bankroll for that purpose so I will probably put aside 2k to start out.

Tried to play good last night but only managed to play well for 15 mins before I resorted to being reckless. When I am running well I don't try to force things and I get to sit back and pick people off in MTT's. Last night I pushed with an OESD and lost to TPTK. Too early to make that type of move but felt if I won I could push around the passive table I was sitting at. Ring wasn't kind either with guys catching outs against me or me bluffing in bad spots. Thing is that I didn't lose much cash last night as two big hands held up. Players at Absolute Poker seem much better than players elsewhere. That being said I can't even beat the guys at Tiger as I must be underestimating their abilities. Time to swallow the pride go down a level and put in the hours playing good poker.

2 comments:

Riverrun said...

Happy Bday!!!

Im glad you made it out to the last PSO league. There are 6 left so you still have a chance to catch me. :) But if you think you can't just dump chips to me!! ;)

Whats you absolute name?

Guin said...

mungo36 is my name on that site... normally I play as guin36 but my little girl calls penguins mungos!

I don't know why she does that but it was funny so I used it on my last couple sites.