Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mook.... out in 25th


Had a ton of fun in the largest Mookie event ever! 48 players and I did a good job of chipping up early even though AK was treating me poorly. First two times I had it I pushed and got a caller and both times couldn't hit at all. So I mention in the chat window that "I am tilted" as I see another AK with me in the SB. The button raises and I push and the BB calls and so does the button. This hand put AK vs, QQ and 1010. The K on the turn chipped me up very nicely and those were the chips that lasted until the first break. Trying to copy Hoy a bit and put in a pic of the table right before the break.

It didn't take long after the break to put a couple moves out there. Tried to stay aggressive to build the stack. So I raise from EP with 4's and the BB calls. Flop is a nasty one but I decide to put a reverse hoy down and see if I can convince him that I have AK.



It was right after this that things started to go terribly wrong. Get min raised and I call with Q10s. Flop is bad but I can't put him on the flush so I have to think that my two pair are good. Since I showed the hand above I decide to drop the hoy 2 hands in a row (a double hoy perhaps?!?) and I check the turn but am forced to call the last chip and then the Riverstars river arrives and puts the flush on the board.

I don't have the image of slothwear's AsJx but I can understand why he would call my bet since he had a ton of outs. I will have to run that one on pokerstove and see what shape I was in. A couple hands later slothwear is at it again and raises to 3x bb and I push with A9o. I figured that to get back into the game I had to risk that this was a weaker hand and he was bullying with the big stack. The read is correct and he turns over KQo. Here is the flop:

The turn is a 9 and I get rivered again by a K. Mookie is over for me this week but I am happy that my play is improving and I am mixing it up a bit more.... playing less but thinking lots.



3 comments:

mookie99 said...

Thanks for playing last night, tough way to go out. I love the tourney report with pictures and everything. Nice.

Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

yeah...the Mookie and WWdN should come with a boldface disclaimer:

REMEMBER...THIS IS POKERSTARS! NO HAND IS SAFE TILL THE BOARD IS DONE HAVING HER WAY YOU (SANS VASELINE.)

I like that last board for a Hammer Play...could have been a real moneymaker (ie. Fat and Profitable).

See ya Tuesday

Riverrun said...

Hey you missed a good weekend bender in Niagara Falls. I totally forgot to tell you that a bunch of us were heading down there. Ill let you know when we do it again, we will have northern vegas, screw okie-vegas!!