Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bounty Hunter

Played the Mookie last night and took him out! Totally got lucky with my A7 in rough shape against AJ but flopped the 7 and never looked back. Very next hand I get 88 UTG and raise and 23skidoo in the BB with the short stack went all in with the hammer. I sucked out again and made the cash.

The eventual winner was Surflexus and he was pushing everyone around. A couple orbits earlier I reraised all in when he raised and I was in the BB. He folded that hand and he played K high hands strong against Sox earlier. So the fateful hand had me with A9s in the BB and Surflexus raises and it folds to me.... I think that I want to go for the win and not trying to move up one place in the rankings so I push. He has AQ and I couldn't suck out a third time to stay alive... Great game Surflexus, Smokkee, and Chilldyl2002 (you owned me all night!)

Taking out Mookie meant that I took down the bounty on his head. Overall, one great evening of poker where I played as well as I could and got lucky when I needed to.

5 comments:

mookie99 said...

Great job last night, congrats on the money finish and of course the bounty. Hope to see you make it out again soon.

Jules said...

Great playing with you last night :)
But stop talking about great TO restaurants during games, makes me both hungry and homesick!

::grin::

surflexus said...

Great times last night. You played very well.....surf

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Guin, where ya been? I feel like you dropped off the face of the earth there for a couple of weeks. And I haven't seen you in the ftp $8 turbo sngs in ages. Are you playing as much as you were a month or two ago these days?

Guin said...

Hate to bring up you being the first one out on the Mookie last week.... but I spent some time trying to play well against all the bloggers. Other than that I haven't had much time to play due to work.