Saturday, April 29, 2006

Just got home

Tired from a long day of travelling with a 2 year old on a 4 hour flight.... she was actually quite good. Always nice to get home after a week away but still looking forward to the next trip in Sept to LA.

Forgot to mention in my last post that the superstar sucked out on me with his 6 on the turn. Since we both had hearts I wish the flush showed! I still can't believe calling an all in with suited connectors that low... sort of like giving up or feeling really lucky.

2 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Let's say this: it was a truly, truly horrendous call with 65s, no doubt about that. Calling allin with that cripey hand is no doubt a negative EV move.

But, let's not overlook how equally poor it was for you to push allin preflop with K9 (sOOted or otherwise), with 3 limpers already in the pot. You have to figure at least one of them has an Ace, if not a pocket pair, so you are almost assured that you're a dog going in. I'm all about raising a bunch of limpers from late position, but usually will only do it with some kind of an Ace, or maybe even high suited connectors, things like that. It's hard to get too excited about K9. Still, it sucks to have lost the way that you did there.

Guin said...

This was the most passive table I have ever seen...and the aggressive guy on my button only limped this time which also prompted me to make this move. Also the only hand that I pushed with was QQ about three orbits earlier.

I don't like pushing with A-low against three limpers because some guy calls you with A-slightly better and you don't have two live cards.... 1k in pot already so raising to 3k should have increased my stack by 33%.

As aggressive as you are Hoyazo I would figure that you would make moves like this with less than optimal hands.

Do you use yahoo IM?