Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Crying on the River

Another full night of Full Tilting my way to a 40 dollar loss. It was a lot more bleak at one point with me down over 150 but finally after 400 hands I started seeing some good starting hands and some of them held up.

Met my favorite gambler last night who just owned me on two hands. First one really hurt because I get him all in on the turn with my two pair AJ vs his AQ. Rivers a Q and my wife who is watching can't believe I just lost $125. She doesn't watch often but I had to explain to her that I actually wanted the donk to call but his 6% chance to hit will show up some nights. Last night was the night!

Worked my way back closer to even with some good value betting and a couple good steals. On Full Tilt there are more players who like to call flop, min raise turn, push river. Those of us who read 2+2 know that to be some scary betting patterns out of people. I know the only time I am supposed to call these crazy pushes is with the nuts. My 3-outer tried to pull this move but I had hit my J high flush on turn so when he reraised I popped it up again! He calls and the board pairs and his pushes river like I expected. It is another $60 to call and I am thinking "did he really have a set and now a full house?" Blah.... call and he of course has the full house. One guy rivers me twice but the second time I should have saved some coin. That being said he is the guy I am looking for the next time I am playing!

No comments: