Monday, April 17, 2006

Rio's.... no love yet!

Well played nothing but Rio's SNG's because I am addicted to the action these games have. So far I am breaking even but playing well. Also managed to get through a night without getting stacked while playing overpairs. AA is finally showing a profit on Full Tilt which is a step in the right direction!

The truth is that it has only been 1,500 hands on that site and I am still adjusting to the players. Lots of people at NL100 trying to make fancy moves that it almost pays off to just play ABC poker. One guy pushed all in on me 4 times and I believe he stole against me twice. At least when I did call I was ahead and managed to stack him so my patience paid off. When running bad you try to force the good situation and run into a monster pushing you further into a hole.

This past weekend was also a good start on not making any crazy bluffs for 1/2 stack. Build the right image first and then you can pull off one 1/3 stack steal a night. Adds to the ptbb / 100 stat but doesn't start your evening trying to get back to even!

By playing an easier game I can multi table 3 tables instead of 2 and wait for better situations to put my cash in the middle. Nine.com players gave me $100 this weekend as well which helped offset any Rio losses!

3 comments:

Chad C said...

Full Tilt is a great place to play. There are a ton of bad players, and yes ABC is the way to go there. Hang in there, it will turn. Do you have rakeback through them? You should look into that.

Guin said...

Yeah rakeback is very nice to earn in addition to bonuses.

I would spend more time at Absolute but that software is so slow.

Jordan said...

Step off my Rios! There mine, all mine!