Monday, April 03, 2006

Close Call

Had a tire blowout on me on the highway going around 120-130 km / hr. Felt like a helicopter was landing on the roof of the car. Luckily got the family and myself to safety on the side of the road but it was a wobbly experience to say the least. CAA showed up promptly and we were on our way with the donut tire installed but now I will get 4 new tires installed tomorrow. Ack! I overpay to get my car fixed so these situations don't arise.

Not much poker on the weekend. Last night I played like crap in the 19k guaranteed tourney on FT. Only hand I played in the first three rounds was AA vs KK and doubled up. Before I get to use my tight image I find myself moved with a large stack to my left. Patience wasn't something that I had last night so raised from MP with K10o. I know that was the first mistake. Flop is Q 10 5 with two dimonds. Big stack raises and I call thinking he is on straight or flush draw. Turn is no help and he bets again and I push. He calls with A10d and my three outer didn't show.

Horrible to try to read someone without seeing any of their plays to that point. I should have played it weak on the flop and found a better place to put my chips in the middle.

Live and learn. I might play the blogger tourney tonight or just play the 17k guaranteed tourney with my last token. Time to play a couple token tourneys as well.

2 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Guin,

PLAY THE DAMN BLOGGER TOURNEY TONIGHT! Either you get to go to the WSOP, or you get to cheer on one of our blogger brethren doing the same. Just get it together and play this tournament man.

Guin said...

okay okay I guess I could go and win the blogger event.

Goal: Outlast Hoyazo...
Goal 2: Bust Hoyazo
Goal 3: Try to accomplish goal 2 by using the hammer.