Thursday, April 13, 2006

Partying too hard!

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! Went and tried these Rio SNG's over at Titan that I heard were so profitable. I agree that the players are horrible but they can get lucky sometimes.

First attempt finds me with JJ in CO with blinds of 50/100 and EP raises to 400. Folds to me and I push to isolate and he calls with 10 8 sooted! He flops two pair and I shake my head. Short stacked and wasn't able to come back. 5th.

Second attempt I just smooth call a large raise with AA and flop is KKJ. Bets and reraises ahead of me so I fold but that cost me 30% of my stack. I know I probably should have pushed but I did want one of the blinds to call as well. The hand that hurt was me reraising preflop with AK and getting all in against QJs. The flush works and I am out early again. 5th.

Third attempt.... darn easy to win things are killing me! I end up pulling out a first place finish. The hand that gave me the chip lead was AK in EP and I just called. Folds to button and he raises, the blinds fold. I push figuring that these guys will call with small pair or AQ which wouldn't be a bad situation. He calls with AJ! Thanks for the chips... gotta love when donks don't suckout.

Okay now I have to go win another one to get this streak of 6 put together.... almost doesn't seem possible but I will give it a go for 25k.

4 comments:

mookie99 said...

The Mook (T8) is a tough hand to crack !

Riverrun said...

Good stuff, way to keep at it and get your win, with average luck you will kill these things.

The race is on, i'll be playing the RIO's tonight...watch out

C.L. Russo said...

I'm so frustrated with SNG's and no-limit in general. I'm swearing off them (again) and I'm just going to focus on limit, where things make sense, damn it!

Jordan said...

Thats the problem with Rios. Since it is so compact of a game (and I play them so often) suckouts are bound to happen and once is enough to lose the entire game. But there are always more to be had.