Monday, February 27, 2006

Ace on the River

Great book... just wish it was full of hands and cut down a lot on the rest of it. I am lucky that my money management skills are developed from my typical line of work so no problems for me there. I will take the spend time with the family notice to heart as it is the most important thing in my life.

It was kind of cool to think through a hand playing against Gus Hansen and I am sure I would have messed up a few of the other hands. A few of the tips about playing late in tournaments will also come in handy. I have improved to the point where I can get to the final table with some chips, but then I start to spew them as I run into big hands.

Played live last Wednesday night and was down $40 mostly to a buddy who I was messing around playing against. Silly to do but costly in long run until I beat him out of some cash first.

It was good to take the weekend off from playing and focus on some reading and watching some WPT events on TV. I watch them after I tape them so I can fast forward to tough spots where I have to think through a hand. Good experience and it feeds the hands which feed into the mental database that we use when we are playing. The idea of modelling successful players is one which poker players don't mention enough. Take a close look at guys who are winning and see what they are doing to gain all those chips.

Over the next couple days I am going to post about a e-wallet that I think can challenge Neteller for our business. Think of no deposit fees and hopefully soon they will allow multiple currencies to be held inside your account. Let me know if there is anything that your current e-wallet is missing in terms of functionality that you would like to see.

No comments: