Thursday, February 09, 2006

Live free buyin event

Got invited to a no buy-in event where first prize was a nice bottle of scotch (16 yrs). We played the first round as a limit game, and I figured I only had to win one hand to move to the final table. We are getting closer to the end of that round and I raise with 72d in late position... perfect flop of 723 and I decide to bet and raise every chance I get. We had 6 callers all the way to the river and I ended up being the big stack at the table.

At the final table I realized that there was no one else who had ever played poker much before... so keep it simple and bet when you have something. So I ignore that on the first hand with A3d and win a big pot when I get called down by someone with second pair! I almost lose all my chips when I raise with AJ and flop hits with 443... it checks around and I see the J on the turn and figure I am good... big raise and 4 callers. I push on the river and a lady beside me turns over 104o and I am a short stack. Got lucky pushing with my short stack and tripled up and then won 5 all ins with A high to win the scotch. Glad I won so that I had something to show the wife when I showed up an hour late!

Thanks for the comments guys... looking forward to reading your blogs.

No comments: