Monday, February 20, 2006

Canadian Hockey - horrible weekend

Well I have managed to lose about $300 on betting that the US could beat Latvia and that Canada could beat Switzerland. Horrible results both times but the play at the tables has been good. Tiger gaming was nice enough to offer me a 50% reload bonus so I put $200 into that site and ended up $50 with 15 mins of play.

I am also trying out Full Tilt using my brothers account and I was up $110 playing NL50 for a couple hours. Players on that site just love to push chips in the middle with nothing at that level so it was easy to pick people off. My favorite guy was running with 45/25/0.8 stats. He ended up giving me $45 of my winnings because I started reraising him almost every time he raised. He fought back against my KK hand where I landed a full house and 4 clubs on the board! I wish he had the A and reraised me but no luck so ended up $25 on that one hand. The only move I pulled on a guy was with 99 from MP2 and a raise from UTG who was running with 40/20/3. Flop was Q high and he checks so I figure I can get AK or a pocket pair lower than Q's to lay down with a pot sized bet. He calls and an A falls on turn.... now if you have been reading my blog you will know that I will fire at these pots again and represent AQ. So I bet 1/2 pot and get called. River is a 2 so I bet out $25 (this is NL50) so his push won't get me to lay down the hand and it looks like a large value bet. He folds and I show... set him up for later! He started calling me down to river with middle pair and left after losing a couple more hands to me.

My very initial FTP stats show me at 24/8/3 and win rate of 28 ptbb / 100. I keep thinking that this is unsustainable but then I continue to run at these levels at NL50 and winning at NL100 with a 15 ptbb / 100. I just need more hours at the tables.

UB was also working well for me and I managed to push my balance up to $300 with one hand at the NL100 tables. Again this site has so many very aggressive players that patience becomes the name of the game.

No comments: