Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Stepping Up

Not too long ago I was stuck playing the NL25 tables. Then I started to slowly play more and more at the NL50 tables. Well while clearing bonuses I normally need rakes to be $0.25 to count towards the bonus and wanted to speed things up so that got me to try the NL100 tables.

Well last night I took my first attempt at the NL200 tables (outside of nine.com - where players are horrible). On Paradise the NL200 is the highest level of play that has a few tables going (there was a NL500 short handed table open) so these guys should be the best on the site. I sat down for 100 hands and ended up $100. I played my normal game and the only difference is that people play back at you a bit more. But once I got recognized as showing good hands a few times I started getting some respect. I also had a NL50 table open and managed a $60 win on that table. Still need another 160 hands to get to my 1,000 raked hands for my chipset so that won't take long to get to that level.

Continued reading Doubleas archives and his quick jump from NL100 to 200 inspired me. Anyone who is running well would be well served to read his journey through these levels. I also felt like raising with 72o and hammering someone who tried to play back at me. I will post that hand tonight or tomorrow but the guy must have me on his top donk list!

Going to get to that 4k level soon at this crazy win rate I am running at this month. So far at Paradise I am running at 20-22 ptbb / 100 hands which can't be sustainable. I will keep it going as long as I can....

2 comments:

Riverrun said...

This is quite the Rush your on...keep up the great playing!! I may have to go venture over to Paradise again, I havent played there in a long time. Keep posting about the NL200, im still at the NL100 tables and want to see how your jump goes. I jumped quick for NL50 to NL100 with ease but I dont want to venture off too far without playing a better game myself.

Paul said...

Keep up the solid play. I personally have been playing NL 100 and 200 tables for the last 3 months with good success. Now I've just switched back to limit tables ($3/6)my win rate so far is the same I want to see if I can desrease my downswings and increase my rake rebate earnins playing the higher Limt tables

I've added you to my blog roll at http://absolutebonuspimp.blogspot.com/