Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Getting eaten alive

So I start to tighten up and make sure that I have my resident fish to my right with a vpip of 45%+... many in the 60+% range... usually they are so passive preflop with maybe a 9-11% raising range.

On the first bunch of AK hands I get today I raise or 3 bet... only to get crushed by A9 or A6. Gotta love that... so my value bets are for their value and not mine. The hand selection chart I am using is getting me to fold more hands so I am playing tighter.

That being said I am a little tilted from last nights live play where I lost $225. Three hands in at this new club and they look a little loose. So when I look down at QQ I figure this could be interesting. Raise to 6 from utg+1 and called by guy to my right (who played every hand and bet every street). I reraise it to 22 and then the sb raises all in to 50. UTG+1 folds but guy to my right calls. I pop it up 75 more as I figure that gives me an auto push on any non A flop. Flop is 234r and buddy donk bets 40 at me. I push all in for 120 and he says he feels that I have a big overpair but he thinks his 6 is going to hit. He calls and sure enough a 6 on the turn.

About two orbits later where I have rebought for 200 and built it up to 325 I get the hand that really tilts me. Pocket 5's and everyone who is going to get involved has very deep stacks. UTG+1 raises to 20 and my buddy calls. I figure that if I flop big I will win a huge pot and I call.

Flop is perfect J J 5. Buddy bets 40 and I smooth call and so does utg+1. Turn is a 10 which could be really bad for me but if someone has J10 I will pay them off. Buddy bets 60 and I call again.

River is a horrible 10 to counterfeit me.... ugly. Buddy bets 100 and I fold....

No comments: