Saturday, July 01, 2006

20k Guarantee on FT

Played the 20k Guarantee on FT yesterday and today with great results yesterday and not so great today! Managed to finish 86th while Surflexus finished 11th and showed me what my game is lacking on large MTTs. Super amounts of patience but I can say that I am more patient today than 6 months ago so I am progressing. Just read Hoy's post on goals for the year and I probably should try to come up with a few good ones for the 2nd half of 2006.

The first one is to be more patient and not to worry about getting to be slightly below average stack. MTT's are long but the big cash is top end loaded. Finished 7th out of 421 on Saturday night in a $5 MTT and got $68. I also cashed in the 9k with a top 50 finish but these didn't finish until 4-5 am so I was a bit tired the next day. I was happy with the first final table for me in a large MTT so soon after setting that goal. Surf really inspired me with his play the prior night.


Of course to balance things out I donked off about $60-70 last night while doing some corporate taxes. All things considered that was a small expense compared to the cut the government wants.

No comments: