Friday, July 14, 2006

WWdN Not The Winner Again

Had to settle for third last night when Iakaris finally decided to stop letting me go over the top of him again. I did get a little careless on that one with Q8o vs. his A10o. Good job Iak and Wes for outlasting my push monkey style at the end there. I was playing for first and wanted those 1k of chips to end up in front of me.

Pokerstove results:

Board:
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 63.6679 % 63.47% 00.20% { AcTh }
Hand 2: 36.3320 % 36.13% 00.20% { Qh8d }

I feel if I actually concentrate I can go far in almost any MTT I am playing in. Last night I don't recall any suckouts and my big pocket pairs held up. Looking forward to the SNG challenge.

Also decided that if I was going to play some cash games then winning some money should be the goal. So 200 hands of NL100 yesterday +$80 and 60 or so hands against the bloggers (plus assorted donks) +$14. So a step in the right direction for a change.

MiamiDon thought I either read him too easily or just misplayed my hand to put him out of the tournament last night. I raise with 33 and call his min raise (I don't fold to min raises Don very often!) and the flop is 9 4 4. At work so I don't have suits but I might edit later with a pic if I took one. I lead out and he raises (he has been playng a TAG style so I have him on high cards and I don't think this flop helped him) so I reraise to put him basically all in. Also of note is that I would still be alive if I double him up so max pressure applied to the shorter stack. He pushes with AJ and I take down the hand. Good read or just lucky?! Let me know.

Going to be trying to get into a bit better shape (couldn't get much worse) and I hope that will help me concentrate longer while playing. Always a poker angle to most things these days but it makes things easier with the wife when I am home more often as well.

4 comments:

Guin said...

Don,

My read was on AK, AQ, AJ or KQ, KJ, K10 at worst.

But the real read was that you would cbet... so I could raise you.

I will consider myself warned. Looking forward to the challenge.

Mow,

You always play em strong... actually both of you do.... what makes both of you so tough to play against.

Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Thanks for the kudos, brotha. That was a lot of fun. I could just as easily have run into something untoward by calling with ATd, but shorthanded, I too wanted to win, thought it was good enough to take me there, and knew if you or I stood a chance against Wes, we'd need a huge chip lead headsup. Your turn next time. Cya.

Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Hey, was just browsing your latest stuff and have to ask: Do I get a bountie for knocking you out of the Not? If no, all's well, but if yes, well bring it on, brotha, bring it on!

Guin said...

No more bounties until I get the guys to setup their backoffice stuff to pay them out.

After that then I should have lots of them each week for people to win.