Thursday, July 27, 2006

DADI: Got Smokkee'd!

Built a good 7k stack early in the DADI due to a player who rebought and pushed all in on every hand. My problem had is when I flopped top two pair with a flush draw on the board. So I bet more than pot and Smokkee called. Turn puts the flush on the board and I bet trying to figure out if he has the flush. Both of us are capable of representing a hand so that makes it even tougher on me to put him on anything. He calls and the river doesn't give me the boat and I end up calling his value bet and there goes my big stack.

Next hand AKs doesn't hit my flush and my stack dwindles some more. Then I end up putting about 6 buyins into the pot and endured bad mouthing from a serious player. Luckily I joined Waffles for some NL25 action and ended up $100 so a plus evening overall.

2 comments:

slb159 said...

Fun time at the cash game last night. Yeah, you had a stack when I arrived, so I was a bit worried, but I didn't go BUSTO, so that was good.

Guin said...

You managed to keep yourself very in line last night....

I still have you labelled as a maniac with your first session being the one that is hard to erase the effects of.