Sunday, December 31, 2006

UFC & Live Event

It is always cool to get together with some friends to watch UFC and engage in some poker fun. Just played it sort of tight and then raised huge when I got a hand and stole some blinds to get to the cash. Finished 2nd in the first event when I pushed into AA when they doubled blinds to get the game over with.... I never complain when they do this stuff because I know I will cash in the next event (or at least that is the plan!).

By the time of the 2nd event we have the UFC event running which allows a couple well timed steals while the big fights are on! Guys are busy drinking and almost don't want to play anything but premium hands if they can help it. No problem I will put in a nice large raise and sit back and watch the fight and chip up. So that led to me winning the big event of the evening with the larger buyin.

To keep my invite to the next UFC-fish homegame I stuck around and donated to the drunkfeast post game so it doesn't look like I was trying to run away with their cash. By now it is so loose the only move is an all in because most raises are being reraised by a push. Lose a race and my evening was over around 2:30 am.

So +$240 for the night was a good way for me to end the year.

2 comments:

actyper said...

The iceman is unstoppable!

Glenn Hannan said...

I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Singapore Pools Sports Football