Wednesday, December 13, 2006

NL100 Dominance

I haven't focused enough this year on building the bankroll. Updating the figure to the left sure gets me thinking about why you want to play the "A" game when you are at the tables. All I know is that when I sit down with the right frame of mind and a bit of time that I rock the NL100 tables. The problem is I often sit down just to put in the time and not totally into winning some cash.

Last night I didn't have any problem with the game at all. First of all started off the evening by going and watching the Leafs beat Tampa. Then caught the train home right after the game and managed to win about $160 despite losing $90 when my AA < KK all in preflop. I also lost a big hand when a guy hit his 5 outer after pushing all in (shortstack) with 2nd pair after I potted the flop with TPTK. My ability to just roll with the bad beats and continue to play solid poker is one of the keys to my game. People expect you to tilt and are shocked when you just move on to the next hand.

Over the next while I will get a good computer in the house (using my laptop now) where I can 4 table and that should help out a lot. Getting good at using my info from PT to figure out hand ranges, along with being able to mix things up to create an image. I usually like to be considered a guy who is loose enough to float people with any two cards as I get more calls of my big bets on the river.

Thanks to Fuel for his informative posts on overbetting for value which have improved my win rate. Now all I would like is the time to get in a few thousand hands a month... running about 1k hands / month with a 10+ BB / 100 win rate.... not sustainable. Of course if you check my sharkscope numbers you will see were some of the winnings are going! Add to that the -EV blogger events and you have a bit of a leak but well worth the cash.

No comments: