Monday, December 04, 2006

Pacific + fun FT token

Most bloggers know that I love to raise almost any hand preflop. Sometimes with position and sometimes without it which goes against conventional poker thinking. It really pays off when you flop a monster and no one believes your cbets! Well I notice 4 hands into a turbo token event that one guy has been super aggressive. I like guys who like to LAG it up early... so I raise with QJo and he calls. Flop is A J 4 with flush draw. I bet out 1/2 pot and he raises to 500... I put him on the flush draw and push and he calls with K4s. He hits and the stack is crippled to 150. Came back from that and busted the guy and went on to get my token. Very satisfying to know that even with few chips I can come back. Thanks again for Smokkee reminding me that in a token event a few weeks back that got me thinking things through.

Been a while since I updated my numbers on the left so I did that this evening... pathetic that I haven't really improved the bankroll since about March but I think my play is much better. Confidence at the cash tables and just as important is my increased patience. Recently the goal has been to try to play post flop against bloggers and see if I can confuse them. Wil told me he hates me so I must be doing something right! Hopefully he doesn't call customer service when I steal his BB 36 times in a row again!

Pacific NL100 was the place where I was working on clearing a bonus and ended up $160 or so which made for a good weekend.

3 comments:

Riverrun said...

Glad to see that you updated your numbers on the left, even better that they are higher than last time!!

Keep up the good work and you will hit your goals in no time.

Guin said...

Hitting my goals all depends on the time I put towards the tables...

I just get paid so much better to do other things.

smokkee said...

nice comeback from T150.