Thursday, November 09, 2006

CC's Thursday Night Bash

Looking forward to some real fun action tonight with a ton of places to play. To start off we have the typical D2S, WWdN Not, and now the CC Bash! Trying to win all these events should keep me playing a bit tighter than I did last night on Booyah Poker.

Check out Riverrun's blog if you want to help him with his pimpage requirement at Booyah. The site is full of some of the worst players I have ever seen at the cash games. Lots of action and hopefully positive variance will hit me next time. Waited over an hour to try to bust two complete over aggro guys and only got a small piece of each. Played a couple small MTT's as well to try to get used to the horrible structure that they have on that site. Have to triple up early but then keep on applying pressure to build the stack to be a monster. Levels of only 8 mins and blinds that jump from 400 / 800 to 600 / 1,200 makes it tough to play slow. I did finish 16th out of 138 in a $10 MTT but could have done better if it wasn't 3 am.

The Raptors game last night was just amazing. Had great 2nd row courtside seats and got to see the Iverson vs. Bosh all night... the steak dinner at Harbour 60 was also a fantastic way to start out the evening. Nothing like a 10 oz Filet with some crab legs plus all the trimmings with some zinfandel to wash it all down. The good thing was that post game I didn't run to the live game to catch up with Astin as that could have put a dent in my pocketbook (in addition to reading about my donkish play the next day).

In other news my case of Dowie Doole 2004 Reserve Shiraz just arrived at my office. Might want to open a bottle once I win the 1st place prize that Pokerworks is adding to CC's event.

4 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Where did you order the Doole from? Sounds good. Email me at fuel55@veltheer.com

Ever had the '96 E&E Black Pepper Shiraz? Best I have ever had.

CC said...

Thanks for stopping by and the pimpage. Hope to see you next week.

Astin said...

Naw, I'd have been reading about my donkish play the next day. We of course had the game on the TV, but I didn't think to look for you and point you out to everyone.

You should make the trek to town for Sunday's deep-stack tourney. You've got 5-7 hours to kill, right?

Guin said...

No chance of that on a sunday... if I get that amount of time I try to head to work and get a few things done for next week.

Only so many family hours in the week so have to maximize them.