Thursday, November 16, 2006

Another night saying Booyah!

Played well in the Mookie last night where ScottMc decided to limp reraise all in with 7's vs my Q's. River is the case 7 and he jumps to the early chiplead instead of me. Always nice when you get a big hand on the button and raise to 6x BB to punish limpers (but it appears to just be a steal). I guess my image is such that it wouldn't shock someone to see me pull that move with worse than normal cards. In ScottMc's defense he did see me laydown a couple hands to pushes by DuggleBogey who must fear my post flop play to either push or fold against me!

Moved over to Booyah poker for some fun playing some 1/2 NL online. Having played a few hours live at this level makes handling the larger bet sizes less of an adjustment. Played TAG for a couple orbits when I get into a blind battle against a LAG. He completes and I check with K2s. Flop is 10d, 9d, 2x and when he checks it is open betting season. Pot it and he calls so I put him on a draw. Another 10x on the turn and he leads out for $8 and I smooth call to control pot size. A harmless 5x falls on the river and he leads out again for $32 or just larger than the pot. This play looked very weird to me because someone with a 10 would not lead out with a bet on the turn. So in the end it appears that he had a draw that didn't make it so I called. Great read and he mocks me for being a calling station but I ignore him. 10 mins later looking at AQs gets me to raise to 5x bb (my standard TAG raise) and a short stack of $65 pushes from the BB. I call and it is against A10o. Love the push and my hand holds up... sweet. Table breaks so I move to another one. Get AA 3 hands in and do a standard raise. Short stack with $75 pushes all in and I call and racing against JJ. My hand holds and the night is getting better! This site is full of guys who like to gamble. Won a total of $170 before calling it a night. Going to spend a bit more time playing that site and building on my buddy list. Also earning a bonus that clears quickly at the 1/2 level.

3 comments:

Riverrun said...

Booya!!!!

I'm Glad you like it there!

Playing the League Tuesday?

Guin said...

Will try to make it but the structure needs work and the points that are awarded should also reward winners more.

Riverrun said...

I agree...structure is better from the first couple, we complained and got it changed. It helps me if you don't show up!! So feel free to try the next CPT event enstead.