Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ullrich All the Way!

Well Jan Ullrich just won the Tour de Suisse and hopefully he can show up in the form for the Tour de France. Without Lance being around he should win it all.

I was trying to get to the July weekend in vegas with all the bloggers but it looks like my sponsor might want me to play the main event instead. Lets just say that I am not arguing too much about that development. Ever since I watched Rounders and heard of this tournament I wanted to sit down and play against the "best and worst" poker players in the world. I suggested that they offer a piece of my winnings (if any) to anyone who signs up to use their services between now and the start of the tournament. Hopefully, the blogger community will turn out and support me on this cause when I get more details.

Played in the Hoy tourney last night and finished 7th. Chipped up early when slb couldn't river me (in my mind I could see the A falling on the river) with his AK vs. my QQ all in on the flop. That lead lasted until near to the final table. My computer has been acting up on me recently so close to the end of the hockey game I put it on sitting out mode. Then I get KK and try to click the I'm Back button but missed it. At this point the computer is starting to freeze up but I only need another 5 minutes. I look down to see that I have KK again and click the button and no luck at all. Two players ended up all in on a K high flop and that is where I think I lost the tournament. Edmonton loses the game so I can finally continue playing poker.

Now in the scuffle of getting my laptop down to the basement (where it is nice and cold) and rebooting the computer I don't recall who I knocked out on the final table bubble. In MP with 55 and the aggressive player with shorter stack to my right raises. I drop the hoy and get pushed all in. AKs vs. 55 and the flop hits me so hard 533! To the final table we go and I was just card dead the entire time. Was chipleader at the final table for a short period but overplayed some hands and didn't maximize value when I could have. It is hard not to give too much respect to guys like cc and hoy who are top notch players. Iakaris was my nemesis last night and it will not be forgotten soon. Overall, happy with my play until my computer died and then I was like a novice playing poker. Funny how easy it is to get out of the groove of playing your game.

3 comments:

katitude said...

Hey Guin, great playing last night! Looking forward to tomorrow night too - can you include me in the count of your posse when you call it in?

CC said...

Enjoyed meeting you live and playing, and thanks for the shoutout.

Guin said...

Kat,

You are already down and ready to go... just to add to the drunken foolishness I got Kev to get some beer for us!

I think he likes it when the guys tip $25 for winning $75 in a hand! Keeps the dealers happy.