Friday, June 16, 2006

Long time since I have posted

Been busy lately with work and when I finally get home, playing poker, or posting have been low on my list.

Had a blast playing live with Kat last week... she took third and makes many more reads of people live than I make. I find I still focus on betting patterns to tell me if someone is full of it or not. There are times where you can see the super tight player trying to bluff live that allows me to go over the top with air but that doesn't happen often enough. The guy I liked playing against finished in second that night. Three of us in the hand with a flop of 9h 4x 4h. I look down and see I am playing Q9o in the BB. Small bet leads out from the small blind and I call. The superstar behind me calls as well. Turn is a 9x giving me a boat and it checks around. Now I am calling for a heart to put the flush out there because these idiots wouldn't be able to lay it down. 7h on the river is just beautiful. SB leads out and I push all in. Superstar says "you really want to do that?" (He usually tries to play the no emotion or talking type of player = no fun) and I know he has quads. The SB had K9 and called the all in and both of us were taken out by his quads... but his final comment was the dumbest comment that could be expected "That is why I don't drink while playing poker." I tell him I will bust everytime against quads with my hand and that has nothing to do with drinking. Anyone else play a hand like that differently?

Good news from a company that they want to send me to a poker tournament as their ambassador. If I can swing it I would love to head to vegas for the July 7th weekend with all the bloggers around. I don't think I can take the time off right now to do the main event as the market is quite choppy.

Played in a token event on FT with Upforpoker last night and got my token with a 1st place finish. UFP didn't have my luckbox skills last night but it was cool to have another blogger present. I might take a run at the 17k event tonight to work on the MTT part of the game. I really needed a reason to play well and a big live event should get me in the mood to work on the game.

6 comments:

C.L. Russo said...

I have to get a job that wants to send me to a poker tournament!

jjok said...

welcome back Mr Guin!

Riverrun said...

Hope to see you over July 9-12th. Keep me posted.

HCR said...

I have to get a job that makes suicide not look like such an appealing option.

Guin said...

LOL... well lets hope I can hold onto my job for a while longer. If you can handle stress and work and drink like a madman then you could be well suited for it.

Taking bad beats in poker is nothing compared to the hits you take in the stock market.

katitude said...

Guin! You MUST come to Vegas that weekend!

And I'm up for some pokah this Wednesday as school is DONE (yippeeeeeeee)!