Friday, June 23, 2006

Couple tokens make up for quick exit

Was feeling a little tired last night so figured I would push the edges a little bit harder and see how that went. The only thing I figured out is that if you push back at Kat a couple times she will call you down with the goods! So out early in the WWdn: Not The which left me feeling a little unsatisfied. Prior to playing in that event I was on FT and won a token playing against a bunch of donks.

After the WWdN I figured I might as well go for another one of those tokens so I can sit down and play in the 17k guaranteed along with a sat to a 200k guaranteed tourney. Smokkee was in that one as well but he ran his JJ into KK early and that was the last I saw of him. I ran TPTK into two pair and that hurt me but managed to double up and steal my way to the final table. I find the turbo ones are great once you get a bit of a stack because you just start taking a bit of time each turn to act. This increases the blinds and you can really use that to your advantage. In the end managed to get the second token of the day (Hoy would say Paris Hilton tokens for page rank but I am not seeking Google fame yet!).

On Wednesday night there was supposed to be a good $30 MTT live tournament in Toronto. Sad thing was that a fire inspector was inspecting the building and then the landlord found out that a poker club is being run out of that building. How stupid can people be when showing up to do something illegal but to mention to any random person that they are looking for the poker club?!?! Idiots. So I will give it a week and if the club is still there then all is good in the world.

So instead of trying to rush home for the Mookie we decided to go to another club that is a short cab ride into a bad part of town. To compare the two clubs is like night and day. The usual place is spacious and has five tables, nice looking ladies with good attitudes working there and horrible poker players. The other place is cramped with only two tables and no ladies and tough poker players! But I wanted to play poker so off to the 2nd club we went. Bought into the 1/2 game for $150 and my buddy buys in for $80 (he is good at tournaments but his cash game is suspect).

The full table has a great assortment of characters. To my left I have asian guy (tight, will use small raises to trap), my buddy J (loose, likes to mix it up), bald guy (tight, shuffles chips like a pro but doesn't watch table = not a pro), fat guy wearing isreal army hat (loose aggressive, likes to tap on the glass), asian guy (tight, looks like he is scared money), big head euro guy (maniac, called fat guys $150 reraise with J10o - I want to play against him), asian guy (solid player, cbets a bit too often but has shown goods enough to give him respect), red haired guy (loose, likes to raise small amounts - reraise him with air and he will fold), young college kid (super tight, respect raises cuz he will have the goods).

When I am buying in fat guy is yelling at big head about his horrible call with J10o cracking his AA. Big head goes on to double up red haired guy and then he really goes maniac on the table. Preflop raises are to $35, with three callers!!! Wow action table now give me a playable hand dealer! It sort of looks like a $1 turbo SNG with everyone fighting to get chips to the middle first. Big head loses his cash and rebuys for $100 and then over the next orbit manages to quad up his stack. I have still yet to even have a hand worth considering putting money in the middle with yet. Big head decides he has had enough and leaves the table which is a big shame. This settles the table down a lot. My buddy J ends up getting stacked and borrows $70 off of me. An orbit later with me on the button I look down at 33 and limp in (should have raised but didn't). SB completes and BB raises to 10 and we both call. Flop is Ks 10x 3s. Here is how pokerstove breaks down this hand.

Board: Ks Tc 3s
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 78.0865 % 78.10% 00.00% { 3c3d }
Hand 2: 04.0952 % 03.98% 00.11% { KcQd }
Hand 3: 17.8184 % 17.71% 00.11% { KdTs }

It goes check, check and I bet $15 into the $30 pot knowing that these guys might want to draw to the flush. SB reraises to $40, BB pushes all in to $58, so I reraise to $135. SB thinks for a while where he shows the table his hand before calling about a minute later. I am pleased because my read was right ... no way they are slowplaying KK or 10 10 from the blinds. Turn and river were blanks and I take down a nice pot. Lost a bit of it later on but still ended up a little over $100. Not bad but would have been more fun if Kat was in on the action.

8 comments:

TripJax said...

Loves me some tokens...

katitude said...

yes, WAY more fun for me definitely! Here's hoping the club is still there - J's up for some live play before vegas!

Guin said...

You would have had a blast with these guys... I liked the super tight guy winding up his cards before the action got to him... I couldn't stop laughing at him and even though he noticed he kept doing it.

Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

dude...been a while since I came by, but I am BUMMMMMED.

I totally fucked up your Mojo at WWdN. I should never have railed you, I felt like the Ancient Mariner's albatross. As soon as I left, you got right back in it. Then I show up again!

Forgive me, brotha. Forgive me.

Also: I am working on the mother-of-all Canadian Poker Blogging ideas...Kat's already on the inside of this baby...gonna be great...email me or hit me up in girl chat so I can share the dream with you before I post it!

Riverrun said...

hey Guin...whats your Yahoo! account name, im just downloaded it and im trying to get with all the the bloggers more often. mines riverrun_27@yahoo.com

Lets get the Canadians banded together, and take over our neighbours!

RikkiDee said...

hey Guin, just read your comment on my blog.

"Oh we should try to put together a Canadian team to outlast Hoy's team in the DADI next week."

I'm interested, shoot me an email at rikkidee@gmail.com

RikkiDee said...

hey Guin, just read your comment on my blog.

"Oh we should try to put together a Canadian team to outlast Hoy's team in the DADI next week."

I'm interested, shoot me an email at rikkidee@gmail.com

C.L. Russo said...

Hey, I noticed your the majority stock owner in my blog...you're the only owner my blog's stock.

Hell, I didn't even know there was stock for my blog!

Anyhoo, don't think you can start calling the shots. No foreign corporate raider is going to take over and make me start pumping out pro-Canada propaganda.

And don't expect anything fancy for the shareholders' meetings. Hell, don't expect anything at all.

I could, I guess, get a couple of two piece dinners from KFC, but that's it.