Friday, August 04, 2006

WWdN Not the way I wanted to lose!

Kat crushed my chances last night when she smoked my AA's all in on the turn vs. her TPSK but she picked up a flush draw as well... Just so no one thinks I played it slow I did my usual raise preflop (which was slightly more than 3x bb to round to the nearest 66 - 666 in this case). She leads out at me on the flop with an approx. 1/2 pot bet (666) I reraised her by almost 5.4x her bet (3636 - double lucky bet! which was larger than pot to prevent flush draws). How she called that is beyond me (maybe the beer she was drinking was having an effect on her pot odds calcs!)other than my image might have her thinking that she was ahead. I was surprised that she called and then I figured that if she had a set then I would pay her off, since most of the cash was in the middle at this point. So all in we go on the turn and the river kills me.


Board: Jc 9c 5d
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 72.6263 % 72.63% 00.00% { AhAs }
Hand 2: 27.3737 % 27.37% 00.00% { JdTd }

Not sure on the 3rd board card but I remember a rag being there. So I picked a great time to get a lot of her chips into the middle.


Board: Jc 9c 5d 2d
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 68.1818 % 68.18% 00.00% { AhAs }
Hand 2: 31.8182 % 31.82% 00.00% { JdTd }

Added the flush draw which improves her chances but no way either of us are backing down now from any bet due to pot odds. All in time!

Lets look at the hand that rspr41 managed to beat me on to make me a super short stack.


Board:
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 64.3397 % 64.11% 00.23% { Ac4s }
Hand 2: 35.6603 % 35.43% 00.23% { Jd3h }

My read was that it was his 15th push in about 5 orbits! Get my money in ahead and hope he doesn't hit. Damn J is the first card off of the damn deck. I need bigger edges but I am not one to back down from a race!

I noted on slb's blog that he played awesome and he amazed me with his quiet way of handling his bad beat when his AK vs. my QQ had a K hit on the turn... river is a Q and I survive. Nice that as a shortstack I can win the coinflips... but when you need one to take a commanding lead you just can't get it done. Riverstars... I am starting to hate the site... I do prefer Full Tilt as I get rakeback on that site. The point I was making is that slb deserved this win and it won't be the last.

So 4th was my best showing in a couple weeks and I was pleased with my final table performance. Tough crowd to beat so I should be happy but being bubble boy is always tough to accept.

2 posts in one day... it must be a friday before a long weekend... well I am spending this afternoon sailing and drinking beer on a beautiful sunny day. Should be a blast.

6 comments:

slb159 said...

You had the best hand when the $ went in, that's why the re-suckout was not cried about by me. Wow, I had AK like a gozillion times last night. Super wow!

katitude said...

Pot odds? I was supposed to work out pot odds when every fibre of my being is screaming CALL??

Dude, I don't do math.

Guin said...

Cool way to look at it slb... still it has to hurt when you hit and then the resuck happens.

Kat not doing math... wish I could play it by feel. Did you put me on a hand?

C.L. Russo said...

Hey, I failed to mention it earlier- thanks for the encouraging comment.

Pseudo_Doctor said...

hey whats up man just found ur blog sorry about that suck out last friday night u guys werent playing back at me at all and if no one plays back i will continue to steal until someone does. Just sucked that u got unlucky. Anyways gl ill add u to my blog roll

gl luck at the tables.....oh this is rspr41 by the way


http://livinglife1dayatatime.blogspot.com/

RikkiDee said...

hey guin, shoot me an email at rikkidee@gmail.com