Friday, August 11, 2006

Poker Savvy Summer League

BrainMc beat me up HU to take down the first league event. Hopefully I can put in a few other good finishes and get some of that prize money.

Just started playing on Pacific Poker and they have some of the craziest turbo tourneys I have ever played. Starting stacks are 800 so basically hit TP and push and hope for the best. That strategy managed to take down a 35 man event and also a 5 man event last night. The problem is that I need to get on the cash tables to earn off my bonus so I can get my ipod.... just a couple more sites to clear with Poker Savvy and it will be done. I might just get the cash and then buy an ipod video at bestbuy. Not sure yet but I do have some points with PSO that I have yet to spend and poker wants to buy me a gift.

Oh I did try to play solid poker for a while in the WWdn: Not but then when Hoy went out with AA vs. his bro's KK I lost focus. Aquaverse has improved so much as a player over the past few weeks it is amazing. He pulled a squeeze play on me last night which I didn't expect to see... grrr. Now the penguin is growling!

2 comments:

By ABaird said...

Pacific cash games = a complete sham. The rake is completely ridiculous. Also, you can clear your deposit bonus with tournament play, so unless PokerSavvy requires raked hands, I'd just do that. If they do I guess that's just the shaft. The one reason you should play there is for the MTT scene. Its phenomenal for low to mid limit MTTers. The 10k's, the 25k Monday, and the 50k Sunday are flat out the softest tourneys on the net...and its not close.

Guin said...

What level did you find that the rake was too high at Pacific?

So far the play seems bad like normal but my need for action is killing me these days!