Thursday, January 19, 2006

Picking on short stacks too much

Well the good news is only another 350 Poker Room points to go.... bad news is that I am still playing too many hands and it is hurting my returns. Wierd thing is that I am having issues of getting people all in when I have the nuts. I think sometimes that our poker returns are quite dependant on our opponent's aggression paying us off.

Tonight I had a bunch of muppets at the table limping with big hands. First I call with 10 8 suited and flop is 10d 5s 2s and it gets checked around (5 players). I put in a bet on the turn when a Jc lands... figure I should see if anyone has anything. I get min raised but I decide to call because the reraise seemed a little off. River is 8s so it puts flush on board so I decide to check call and bet is 3/4 pot.... so I call and he has AA and my hand is good (mhig).

2nd hand I was in the big blind and get 45s... I saw 5 callers so I almost raise preflop as I get a feeling about the hand... of course I remember that I am clearing a bonus and should fold but the gut feel says see the flop. Well the flop was perfect with 2h 3s 6h so with the flush draw out there I bet pot when it is checked to me. I sort of expect that the hand is over at that point but the utg reraises me by pushing all in. I have no choice but to call and just hope that he doesn't hit his flush... well he had KK and again MHIG.

Luckily these guys are offsetting my bad beats and also my bone headed moves from the other day... stack on that site is back to 880 but at one point the other night it was 1,040 and the low was down to 720... so the variance has been big but when I put my mind to playing good poker I end up for the day.

No comments: