Monday, January 30, 2006

Party Time

One thing about Party that I usually forget, is to take my time. Since I use Poker Tracker, it is important to identify the poor players, before putting the stack at risk. Did a good job of it tonight and ended up $186. Not bad for 300 hands at NL50.

I did pull one bad beat on a guy though which really boosted the winnings tonight! KK from late position and it gets raised by MP2 to $2. Recently I have just been calling in these situations to hide the strength of my hand. The BB also calls and the flop is Ts 6d 4d. The BB checks and MP2 bets $5 so now I figure I better take down the hand so I raise to $33 (the rest of MP2's stack). I am totally expecting the BB to fold but instead he pushes all in to $68. So it is $35 for me to call into a pot of a little more than $100. I am worried about a set or a flush draw straight draw combo but figure I have to call.

Turn 10d, river 8d.... I don't have Kd so the pile of chips has to be going the other way.... but no I win the hand. He had 6s, 4s for a flopped two pair. So a nice $146 pot slides my way and I decide to call it a night. Only have 75 raked hands to play and I am done the bonus and then back to Paradise. I will be reraising with AA and KK as I would hate to get stacked by 64!

No comments: