Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Paradise - going for Nevada Jacks

So I have to play 1,000 raked hands to get my PSO promo of a 300 piece chipset from Nevada Jacks. Took me a while to get Pokertracker working with Paradise since you have to set up POP3 with your email. Not liking that part of it but the tables are quite predictable. Cleared almost 200 hands last night and up $35 from playing and earned a $10 bonus. The site only has a $50 first time deposit bonus which is quite small but they do seem to have lots of traffic at all levels. I only deposited $200 so taking it easy until I get over the $300 mark except for one hand against a maniac last night at the NL50 tables.

Guy sits directly to my left which isn't great and proceeds to raise 6 of the next 10 hands and doesn't have to showdown even once. Because of this he turns $50 into $80 in a short time with c-betting every flop. I get dealt AJo in MP2 and figure that I have been playing too tight (14%/7%/5) and decide to at least call and see a flop. Well maniac raises to $2 and I figure that I am due to police this guy so I call with one other caller to the flop. Flop is K4c3c so I check, maniac bets $3 and other guy folds. So I figure he missed because his bet is so small (he bet large on one hand and continued to bet big - probably made his hand) so I raise it to $12. He thinks about it for a bit and then calls. That lets me know that even if he has a K he isn't happy with his kicker but is hoping to his two pair with the next card or to see the flush hit the table and bet that. Turn puts another 4 on the board and I lead out for $15 and maniac folds. This was one of those cases where I showed him that all I had was A high and since I didn't get a nh comment I figure he is a bit pissed.

Too bad it was getting late so I logged off for the evening content that one hand got my cash back from losing $15 with AA. Horrible flop of KcQc 10, I bet $10 and a loose player calls, turn is a 10 and we check around and river is a 9. Loose guy bets $10 but it looked like a value bet to get more out of me and I laid it down. Trying to learn to let those nice looking hands go without losing my stack even if it means laying down the best hand once in a while.

1 comment:

Riverrun said...

Great Blog, im looking forward to reading you on a frequent basis. I will add you to my blogroll next week when I update again.

Go Canada Go!