Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Grinding

I think I have played my fill of hands for a little while... yesterday played 700 hands and ended with a silly call with a set with a flush on the board. That cost me about 90 more than it should have but after 600 hands and a bottle of wine I felt like seeing what he had. Overall, the dumbest part of it was that I didn't need to win the hand as I was playing to earn my bonus. Up 40 on the night and earning lots of points and then I go all bone headed. Should have been up huge last night but found myself on the wrong end of set vs. set and lost an all in preflop of Q's vs. my A's.... that was a big hand and I don't think he would have folded even if I told him what I had!

My bro logged a few hands at the NL100 tables and found that people will call all in's with overpairs and they will catch once in a while. It wouldn't be so bad but he doesn't have the bankroll to play at these levels.

So only 750 more Poker Room points to go and I clear that $176 bonus... time to buckle down and grind it out while the wife is busy studying... make less moves and get more passive preflop. Good thing is that I am playing at the NL100 tables and not finding them any different than the NL50 tables that I usually beat up.

No comments: