Monday, January 09, 2006

Nine.com - laying down bad beats

I know we have all had those poker days when you can't catch a card. Today, I am on the opposite end of the luck scale while finishing reload bonus at nine.com. Was just trying to clear the $25 reload bonus and really close to getting to the required points so telling myself to take it easy and try to do nothing stupid.

Playing NL100 (mostly because the site is full of crazy guys and a couple easy steals and I get the points needed) and get dealt KK from MP. Raise to $3.50 and get called by button and big blind.

Flop is Jh 9h 5s. I am not worried about the guy in the dealer button (last time I raised he called with K6o) but the big blind is a bit of an unknown. BB checks and I check to the maniac. He comes in for a nice $12 pot sized bet which is smooth called by the big blind. I start to panic a bit since the bb could just be on flush draw and maniac could be on top pair with no kicker. So I push all-in and hope for the best (about $94 after telling myself to do nothing stupid!).

Both players call and when the cards turn over I am in total shock. I am way behind everyone! BB had AA, while dealer had J5. Turn shows a blank and luckily for me river brings Kh putting flush on board but no one was drawing to that.

The hand gave me the points needed to get the bonus so in total I put $100 in, to get approx. $420 back out. Damn, I love this site for the bad players and the crazy luck factor that they give out. Caught quad A's as well which also helped in the return column.

Had a great day yesterday at Poker Room where I was up about $110 in 3 hours of play and up to 250 points out of 400 required for PSO promotion. Total bankroll is now $2,600 approx.

Playing mostly NL50 now as the bankroll can support it, and I actually have found the players easier to play against. They will fold hands easier than at NL25

Going to Central America in a couple days so I think I might try to get in some good poker before I go.

No comments: