Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sleep = good results

I came home last night and crashed at 9 pm! My body wasn't up for a couple hours of poker before my head hit that pillow so I played a few hands this morning and early afternoon.

Take a look at the graph:


Starting to get the CR style
Now most of the upswing is at the NL25 level. When I might have to get up for baby Guin I didn't want to play my regular stakes. Good to see that I was crushing the game today at 52 ptbb/100. Watching Cocktail (horrible Tom Cruise flick - I do like Elizabeth Shue though) and made $100 so the wife and me were happy!

Thanks Riverrun for seeing the same situation happening... sometimes with poker you think you are just running hot and it isn't due to you playing well. This is until others are going through the same transformation... the 2nd Sbrugby video told me that I wasn't aggressive enough! So a bit more folding on the flop and a few more cbets did increase the win rate. Gotta love it when the recipe works so well because it makes you look fearless.

So tonight back to the NL50 tables and hopefully I can continue to run at this torrid pace for a while longer.... I do need $240 to extend my cardrunners member for another year at the 20/mth price point.

Also for those talking about how it is a small sample size remember that 5k hands is about 2 months of playing for me. I am trying to pick that up but hard with my limited time in front of the computer.

2 comments:

Riverrun said...

Looking Good Guin. Great recovery near the end of that sample. I'm glad you are sticking to your cardrunners style and testing it at the lower levels. I don't have the patience for that.

I think I play about the same amount of hands as you a month. I'm sure your in a similar situation as me, more hands is actually -EV.

Guin said...

I thought that taking a few thousand hands of relearning new techniques is best done at lower levels.

I still have to try the technique I saw yesterday of playing 45/35/7. So LAGGy that it pissed everyone off!