Thursday, February 01, 2007

Cab Fare

Went to the Raptors game last night and took the 5th row seats instead of the courtsides. That way some young guy got a chance to sit in the nice seats.... not that my seats were bad at all. Easy Raptors win and then off to Ki for some post game drinks. Now after a couple beers I didn't want to take a train home so I decided to go to the cash game for some cab money!

One hour later I am walking out with an extra $150 in my pocket... amazing how easy it is to win with an ABC style of poker... so $65 for the cab home and then gave the wife $100 to go spend on anything she wants. That way she doesn't give me as much grief when I stay out late (gotta do something to keep the heat down!)

Today got a good bonus so I will be happy for another year. This is the year that I really have to push my portfolio to new levels. I might have just found a new potential 10 bagger that I will have to buy in my PA in a large way.

That being said I will go and buy a good bottle of wine for my dinner tonight... gotta celebrate.

2 comments:

Pseudo_Doctor said...

nice job man congrads on the bonus....personally i love a nice red like pinot noir...

Guin said...

I enjoy a ton of different types of wines but the majority are reds.

Pinot is one where I am sort of mixed as it is either amazing or horrible to me.... of course the amazing stuff is why we drink wine in the first place.

Drinking wine is a lot like golf for me in that one great bottle / shot is all it takes. Keeps me coming back for years!