Friday, January 12, 2007

Getting back on track

After blowing a bunch of my bankroll on FT with silly plays I decided to get back into the grind. Played in the D2S tonight and you know that you are playing well when they are complaining about my steals early in an event. Also, the guy who looked up my PS results in sharkscope was just funny. He got stacked by me a little while later so I guess it goes around.

Here is the screenshot of my results.

D2S 2nd place 01/11/06
So I started the night out focused and the results were good with a good suckout to give me the big stack with 5 left. It is always nice when you win a couple races and then can just roll into the cash. Got all in HU with K8 on a 5s6x7s board vs. AJs. So we both had lots of outs to win the hand and we both whiffed! A high takes it down.... but I was happy with my play.

I then went back to B2B to work off a bit of the bonus while trying to avoid situations like this from the other night!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?732688 The friendly people at the site mentioned that I couldn't take down the Bad Beat Jackpot but they would look into giving me something... that was great customer service from these guys.

Found that if I was patient with a super LAG that I could find a spot to take him down instead of trying to play back at him. Poker is so much more fun when you are patient and have a solid game plan.

So after attempting to follow through with the few things I have picked up from Cardrunners I was up 80 euros this evening (plus . Not sure how many people are aware of how solid the CR guys did at the PCA 4 of the top 6! Glad I am working with this crew to improve my game. Wes also did a good job of making the cash in this event which is great to see bloggers represented!

Ending the evening tonight by watching a 10/20 cash game video... these videos are great for taking the game to the next level.

3 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Str8 flush vs stru flush is nasty!

Guin said...

Amazed with my self control to not go busto with a push on that hand.

Pseudo_Doctor said...

hahha dont worry im sure u'll get ur 200 back from me at some point...your a hedge fund anaylist thats pretty sweet i was reading up on hedging a little while back and actually signed up with hedgestreet...though haven't traded yet cause Im not sure what im doing. Any good sites or books you know of to start to learn about hedging, future or commodities trading. Gl at the tables