Thursday, August 16, 2007

Last Day in Current Club

Our poker club is moving I found out last night.... showed up because Kat said she would be there ... she wasn't in sight when I arrived. Shame since it has been too long since I last had a pint with her while ranting about some silly calling station getting lucky again.

Well last night I was the one making them whine. It is great when you can notice the cocky super lag before you see one hand... min raise from utg and then berates everyones play and taunts people the whole time. I mentioned to the guy sitting next to me what a piece of work that guy is and that I am going to run over him soon. He laughs at me and says that is his buddy and he has been pushing around the table for a while.

Took me about an orbit and he min raised from MP and I repoped him with QJs. He calls of course and when he checks to me I bet into him getting an insta call. Then he decides to get frisky with me and leads out on the turn so I call to induce a bluff bet on the river. He complys and puts out a weak river bet which I raise and he calls with J4o... nice first orbit time to get some food.

Overall he ended up busted along with a girl who loved to raise every hand because she said she didn't care about money. She must have not liked to win very often either because she did a lot of losing!

So I might check out this Nexxus club that is over at bloor and bathurst to try my hand against a group that has no clue how I play.

That is three profitable poker nights in a row... amazing what a little concentration and focus can do for the game.

3 comments:

Katitude said...

D'oh...totally screwed up. actually thought it was Tuesday for the longest time yesterday.

Club's moving, eh? hope it's still downtown.

Will Palango said...

that sucks you're club is moving, hahah but I dont even have a club to get moved so there!, good job analyzing you're opponent so well and keep up the winning sessions!

Astin said...

And here we are over a month later, and no more posts. You were doing so well too!

Club's not far from the old place. Bigger room, cooler atmosphere.