Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lots of live play

Been donking it up live lately. Overplaying overpairs is back in my typical game style that I thought was gone... always nice to regress. That cost me $170 but managed to play well for the rest of that session and reduce my loss to $90. Astin mentioned some crazy loud mouth that we get to play against that is just such a fish. Saw the guy slowplay QQ in the BB with 5 limpers and then get pissed when the button flopped a straight against him and he got stacked. In the future I think I will only play live when guys like that are at the table.

Fuel made some comments about how many bloggers don't progress while others jump to the next level. It isn't a race to progress and each of us will advance at our own pace. The blogger events are ones where I do try to play my best and learn from players like Soxlover. I have to say in all the events that I have seen a player like him he has yet to make a really silly play. Now I can only hope to reduce the number of errors in each event but it sure won't happen overnight. Many bloggers are just out to have a bit of fun and to meet a few other people with similar interests... again playing in the big game would be fun but it just takes more work than most are willing to put into the game. So I don't think we should judge other players by the ability to jump up in levels.

In actual fact I have been working on playing a bit more of a LAG style of play. Most of the guys are playing TAG so it is fun to mix it up. On the few nights when I am reading well and messing with people I think I can put together about 30-45 mins of good poker. Not great but good enough to get me a few solid results in blogger events. MTTs have been tough on me with few good cashes over the year. Setting better goals for 2007 is something that I will work to setup. Work is going to be tough until the end of the year with me taking it up a notch.

Lets just all try to work to help each other from making the obvious mistakes... like me calling 2 pushes in front of me with 22 in the BB. Easy fold but my horrible reasoning was that they might be on Ax and are taking out each others outs. I will run a few scenarios to see what they would need to make my decision correct... the more I think about it the more likely it was a huge mistake... see still learning. very slowly!

5 comments:

SoxLover said...

You should watch me more often. I make some REALLY dumb plays.

SirFWALGMan said...

Yeah, Everytime he is in a hand with me he makes a stupid mistake..

Fuel55 said...

My criticisms are not based on timescale. Everyone has their own sense of how fast they should advance/evolve. I don't have a problem with that in any way. My criticisms were pointed at those who clearly NO goals or aspirations to improve. Entertainment is one thing but improvement is a critical aspect of the human condition that you must take seriously, IMO. Every player should be thinking about winning a million dollar tourney at some point. 1 year, 20 years it doesn't matter - but have a plan to get there.

Guin said...

Sox I do watch you often... and you outlast me in way too many events.

Waffles you think everyone who plays against you is making a -EV move!

Fuel I really think some players love the blogger events because the social aspects outweigh the progression push of 2+2 or PXF players. The D2S event is a good one to see guys who all seem to want to get better (lots of TAG play).

SirFWALGMan said...

Arnt they?