Friday, September 15, 2006

Another solid Thursday night

Finished 7th in the D2S9 and 5th in the WWdN Not. I played a nice LAG style last night and I think I really had people doing some weird things.

Mookie calls a check raise against me with TP no kicker?!! I did love him saying donk call before doing it. Lets see what the situation was on each street. First he raises from the button to 3x bb. I figure suited connectors are good enough to see a flop since I had a bunch of chips and could be calling with anything!


Board:
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 55.0018 % 54.77% 00.24% { Ad5d }
Hand 2: 44.9982 % 44.76% 00.24% { 9c8c }

The reality was that I wasn't that far behind. Flop was 7c, 10s, Ac. I check to Mookie and he bets 1k and I raise to 3,636 (double lucky). OESD + flush draw puts me into the lead with 9 high! That didn't stop Mookie from going all in which was 200 more than my bet.


Board: Ac Ts 7c
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 43.2323 % 43.23% 00.00% { Ad5d }
Hand 2: 56.7677 % 56.77% 00.00% { 9c8c }

Turn gives me even more outs. This also keeps me much closer to even in the hand but no longer in the lead.


Board: Ac Ts 7c 8h
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 54.5455 % 54.55% 00.00% { Ad5d }
Hand 2: 45.4545 % 45.45% 00.00% { 9c8c }

River was a blank and I lose a big chunk of my stack and ended up going out soon after. In my defense after that was that I was deadly tired from too much partying the night before. Just glad that I was able to switch things up from time to time to keep people guessing.

In the D2S at the final table I was so outplayed by Zapper. He came in 2nd but I didn't have in his hand range suited one gappers which is what he used to defend his bb against me. If anyone else at the table raises in that situation I think he lays that hand down but against me it wasn't a bad call. He flops two pair and when I cbet and got raised I should have folded. Bad cbet since it put me in a spot where calling with AQ on a J high board was sort of my only option. As mentioned before but that was a truly horribly played hand on my part.

Off to LA tomorrow and I will get the chance to meet up with Smokkee. Looking forward to that as he can help out my game for sure. If I can pull it off I will try to make it to the tournament that is going on but right now I don't think I will make it.

2 comments:

slb159 said...

Gl on your visit to smokkee's world.

Will Palango said...

haha gj bro